Your latest Smart Alert.
Staffordshire Police is urging all van owners to be extra vigilant and to check vehicle security as there has been an increase in the number of break-ins to vans reported over recent weeks, particularly in the south of the County.
Staffordshire Police is asking vehicle owners to follow these simple tips to help keep thieves at bay.
* Empty your van of all tools and items of value when unattended/overnight.
* Ensure you lock your vehicle and ensure alarms and immobilisers are active when left.
* Consider fitting additional security locks and devices visit www.thatcham.org for suitable products and advice.
* Park your vehicle in a garage or on a private driveway, in well-lit areas and in a way which will make it difficult for thieves to access your vehicle.
* Consider fitting security lighting to help deter offenders.
* Did you know you can register valuables such as power tools at http://www.immobilise.com where you can create your own portfolio of items and if these are stolen and recovered, they can be returned to you.
Please remain vigilant and report any suspicious activity to the Police immediately.
For more information and advice about crime prevention or information about your local policing team visit the Staffordshire Police website at http://www.staffordshire.police.uk.
Please encourage colleagues, friends and neighbours to sign up to Staffordshire Smart Alert via http://www.staffordshiresmartalert.uk – together we can fight crime.
If you need to reply regarding this message, click on this email address: paula.james
Community Engagement Officer